great recipe to do with kids. Especially the younger ones as it seems they gain the greatest pleasure from creating something for someone else, in this case one of their favourite creatures - the family dog.
1/4 cup of canola oil
1 tbsp golden syrup or honey
1 carrot grated
1 cup of wholemeal flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 pack of cream cheese frosting
1 container of pate
1. Preheat oven at 180 degrees centigrade. Grease the ramekins with butter and place a circular cutout of baking paper, the diameter of the ramekin at the bottom.
2. Add the eggs, this is fine for little hands to do even if they are new to cracking eggs, egg shell is good for dog coats and they are not going to mind the texture of a little egg shell if they happen to have some of it touch their tongues while ducking down their throats in literal break neck speed.
3. measure and allow your little one to add each of the ingredients one at a time and mix until completely combined. You may need to take over after they have had enough.
4. Separate between ramekins to give each party member their own cake. This mix makes three cakes.
5. Bake for about 10 - 15 minutes. Checking the mixture is cooked through.
6. Once completely cool cut in half and spread a nice thick layer of the pate in the middle of the cake.
7. Ice with the cream cheese frosting and serve for twenty seconds of madness.